trump mfp payment.

Notifications
Clear all

trump mfp payment.

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I really glad I am getting some free money but I am so sick of these payments. all they do is support over production, big farms get big payments small farms get small payments. not growing the right crop and get no payment.  majority of my county doesn't get a nickel payment the ones that do get 44 dollars about, rest of Mn. gets about 66 dollars an acre.

why are we paying farmers that got something planted instead of having a natural disaster payment for the ones that didn't get something planted?

everyone complains about he tariffs and speculates what could have been. but everyone is meeting demands around the world and we are still sitting on a pile of grain.   if not for the tariffs we wouldn't have gotten a $1.65 last year and we wouldn't be getting payment this year.

speculation lets say we have a great season in 2020 with still lots of carry will we see low bean prices with no payments?

did we only get attention this spring because of the weather nation wide?

TwinStatesAg
(@twinstatesag)

Can you imagine what the prices might be next year if all the prevent plant acres get planted to soybeans or corn and we have a decent growing season?  

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

with production ramping up in other countries I bet the 7$ we see now could be a high?

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

I have never taken a payment until last year. It did help me to buy a combine, which was nice. But its still a strange feeling, I don't like handouts. The thing is it makes it hard to compete when your neighbors always have their hands out waiting for theirs and i haven't in the past. My grandparents, dad and uncle have never taken part in anything to do with the usda. They all did their best to keep the government at arms length and away from their business. I got chastised a little bit for taking the money last year. I will again this year too. Could i survive without it? Yes, but I wont say its unwelcome. It will be helpful with the year being what it has been and also because of my own stupidity this go around. but I think going forward it should be abolished, or at least undergo some serious reconstruction and reconsideration.

ReplyQuote
Share:

%d bloggers like this: