how does youtube wo...

Notifications
Clear all

how does youtube work?

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I am getting close to 1k subs and have a lifetime of 710k watched minutes.  Hank showed me how to check my analytics of my page and showed me that when I hit 1000 subs I should be getting a 50 dollar check!!  does this sound remotely correct?

so is it based on views and watched minutes each month to determine the checks?  

LVF
 LVF
(@larson-valley-farm)
Estimable Member

Its based on how many times an ad is viewed along with total watch time. But the $50 right away doesn't sound right. 

ReplyQuote
Ted Kahler
(@ted-kahler)
Estimable Member

but youtube will only send money if its over 100 bucks....  you also have to have it made to dirrect deposit and give them your tax info as youll  get a 1099 i think for taxes or something along them lines.

ReplyQuote
LVF
 LVF
(@larson-valley-farm)
Estimable Member

You are correct Ted! I waited a long time to get that first $100 check! And last year getting a 1099 from Google was kind of funny to me! Lol

ReplyQuote
Ted Kahler
(@ted-kahler)
Estimable Member

yea my tax man was like what do you get payed from google for LOL..... but you can write off cameras and stuff you use for filming and editing video because its like a buisnesss

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I can double write off stuff! I use the depreciation schedule on the farm for the combine and then also for my video side make two different entities that's a great idea guys!

Google first check said it would be close to $100 but I figured you two must take a bunch of fees out?

I told the wife if YouTube is paying the same now in 10 years from now when I get to 200 thousand subscribers I'm doing a $25,000 giveaway and a YouTube scholarship for Farm kids.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

So once I reach 1000 subscribers then the clock starts of how much commercials get watched and then you get paid based on that correct?

ReplyQuote
LVF
 LVF
(@larson-valley-farm)
Estimable Member

Yes 

ReplyQuote
Share: