Gutters and Snow Gu...

Notifications
Clear all

Gutters and Snow Guards

Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

When i built my last building i didn't put gutters on it. That was a mistake and i learned my lesson. I now want to put gutters on the building but it hit me last night i have no snow guards on the roof. The building is 40' wide. we normally don't have a ton of snow, but its not uncommon to get a hot and cold spell with 6" on a roof and the bottom turns to ice and the whole roof slides off in one shot. Im thinking ill loose my gutters if that happens. anyone think otherwise? 

There are lots of snow guards, solid rails to the little brackets staggered in rows. 

Snow Defender 1500

these caught my eye because they come with a rubber seal and you don't have to caulk them before installation. Don't know a cost yet I'm sure they are not cheap. Any better suggestions?

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

Never heard of that. 

Is there a way yoi could just drop the gutters a couple inches vs right under tin? 

Lot of sheds around but never heard of gutter trouble yet. 

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

most metal building here that have gutters have guards. shingled roofs do not. I was wondering if it was a sales pitch. still haven't decided what I'm gonna do. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

I wonder if you guys get a lot more ice than we do because of more freeze-thaw type temperatures?

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

That's kind of what i was thinking. its not uncommon for us to go from 33 in the day to 15 at night repeatedly for weeks.

ReplyQuote
Share: