2020 pictures

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Lots of things going on this year, but i did a poor job documenting with pictures and a worse job with video. here are a few i do have...

My Uncle Traded my Grampas F for  1996 R52, 630 and 520 heads. That was a pretty bitter sweet day, but at least we still have 3 gleaners in the family (my K2, my R52 and his R52) The hoe had its hands full trying to get the 6 row off the step deck. I sat on the head to balance it. When my brother picked it up the hoe didn't have enough ass and the tires just spun. So we had to chain on the 4000 and drug the hoe backwards.

My brother and I bought two more trucks. Red 1985 GMC General L10 Cummins with an Eaton 9 speed. Triaxle 20' aluminum dump. We liked it enough we went to Indiana and bout the Black 1985 GMC 5 Star General its got a 300 Cummins and a Eaton 9 speed. It has a 5th wheel, were currently looking for a hopper bottom. The red General will hold a tick over 800 bushels with the boards on it. We are also hoping to use it to haul about several hundred tons of slag to redo the existing driveways and put in new around the bins and the shed floors.

Here are some random harvest pics some feeder pigs and corn that was planted into 3-4 foot tall grass

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Noble Member Admin

Nice! Heck if a year! You run the two R52 in corn and fill them trucks in no time! 

You sell the pigs for butcher? The 4430 still looking good! 

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

we didn't get a chance to run both 52s side by side, hopefully next year. id love to get some drone footage of that. 

We actually made the call this week to ship all of the breeding stock. Group age was getting old and The breeder i was hoping to bring all new stock in with wont answer the phone.... Also, with the way people have been swamping butchers I haven't been able to get any pigs in. around here hogs are booked 1-1.5 years in advance since covid. that makes it incredibly tough to schedule when a big is butcher weight in 6 months from birth. so unfortunately most have had to go to the auction barn and the price has all but died there because once again the butchers are full...  so for now I've got one last group of feeders that were gonna finish and leave the barns empty for a few months. It will give me a change to do some repairs and upgrades that would be hard to do when the barn is full. I'm hoping to have all new gilts and a new boar end of spring start of summer. Not totally bummed though, id rather sell 5.50 corn than feed it for a loss on a pig.

ReplyQuote
Share:

%d bloggers like this: