Forum

educate me on the I...

educate me on the Integra  

RSS

Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
03/04/2019 12:55 pm  

I currently have no electronics or any kind of precision technology. I am wanting to be able to control a planter with seed and fertilizer, multiple fertilizer products maybe? as well as multi functions and rates on the sprayer and combine. Is an Integra the best option? What all can i do with it? What is the cost? Is there a yearly subscription? would i still need a planter monitor, spray controller and yield monitor?

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
03/04/2019 5:49 pm  

Oh man you have to go back last spring to my Integra videos!

There are no annual subscriptions to run the Integra. The only fees would be the unlocks but if you find a used one it might have the unlocks with it. L&D AG out of southern Minnesota move a lot of these units.

The Integra will be your planter monitor it can also run up to three stepper Motors for seed control, it can run a liquid product, dry product, or both at the same time or both and also do swath control if you have that on your planter.

I thought it was 4 or 6 things it could control. Neighbor had liquid in furrow with dry air cart and a mini sprayer for pre emerge all being rate and swath controlled!!

Like my planter since I have a left and right drive motor I can rate control the left and right individually. I could do soybeans in one half and corn in the other if I wanted to. And it would keep track of hybrids doing it! In the combine you can have automatic hybrid loading so as you move across field it tells you when you change hybrids.

I would try and get a used one without the iso bus update to the planting monitor just because I like the traditional monitor better.

On the sprayer is awesome and in the combine it is awesome it is very accurate but you need to do calibrations to get you there. Calibrating it is extremely easy.

I would look for a used 6500 series Globe because then you could always pay the couple hundred dollars a year for Tara star if you need a little more accurate than the free service.

There's a lot of good competition out there but when you look at how many features and functions the Integra has and how many items that can control at one time there wasn't many that could compete and still be as user-friendly.

You can find used modules and wire harness now at a pretty good price. So for you planter you would need a seed tube module to be a monitor, liquid module for sprayer and planter liquid.

Stepper motor module for rawson drives or a pwm module for a pwm motor.

On the combine you get a kit with harness, module, moisture sensor, and mass flow sensor. About 4 grand new, 

I have had my integra since 2013 and love it.

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
05/04/2019 6:59 am  

Thanks Jon. Its a lot to consider. The reason I ask is tomorrow I'm heading to look at a combine and sprayer. if all goes well they're both coming home.  The combine has no yield monitor. The sprayer has a Midwestern technologies ARC-6000 rate controller. I dont know a whole lot about the ARC-6000 but i was wondering if it would be worth it to make the jump to the integra. Since the combine has nothing it may be better to start with the integra instead getting a yield monitor?

I just bought new precision seed meters for the 7000 and upgraded the dry fertilizer system, so its sticking around for a few more years that i was originally planning on. But i dont want to invest any more money into it, so the integra would be for the next planter. However i would be interested in putting a rawson drive on the bean planter. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
05/04/2019 4:56 pm  

it could still be a monitor for the planter. if you have the high rate dickey john seed sensors its a common wire coming out of the seed module.

for the combine you still need the harvest kit on the combine for the integra do to its thing,  

one thing I like about ag leader is the adaptability.  there is a real good chance the electronics could be controlled without needing to buy new ball valves, flow meter, butterfly valve.

find one with multi product and swath control unlocks and you will have a powerful machine.  

L&D should have used ones. the 1200 in command would be the replacement go to youtube to see that beast. 

ReplyQuote
Share: