A you tube star try...

A you tube star trying no till!!??!!??  

RSS

Rudy
 Rudy
(@rudy)
Trusted Member
24/03/2019 10:07 pm  

If you haven't seen the current video from the MN millennial farmer.  He is going to try some no till farming this year.

This should be good to see what he has to say about it. 

Is the one and only MR. Jon Stevens going to be the special guest that he talks about in the video to help with the no-till ????

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
25/03/2019 3:26 am  

Lol. Hopefully it works out for him. In the state of Minnesota you might as well start figuring it out now.

I would imagine he's going to have some of the NDSU people? Cody Nelson or Jodi H. Are right in his area.

This post was modified 8 months ago 2 times by maplegrovefarms

ReplyQuote
Massey 1100
(@massey-1100)
Estimable Member
25/03/2019 9:51 am  

He might call you and say come over to my sand box "teach me" lol you never know. 

Tyler52 liked
ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
25/03/2019 10:17 am  

University of Minnesota has done 20 years of tillage studies and no-till experimenting on soil like his are on the state of Minnesota if he gets Jody on his side or some of them other people he'll be good to go. I hope he doesn't have people clamoring to him just for their own Fame and not give him good support.

Tyler52 liked
ReplyQuote
LVF
 LVF
(@larson-valley-farm)
Estimable Member
25/03/2019 11:54 am  

Trying! Key word! I hope they see better success than they hope and see that it can be done. It would be nice to hear one of these larger channels come out and say, you know, this no-till thing is pretty cool and we plan to put more effort into making it work for our operation

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
25/03/2019 6:09 pm  

It'd be interesting to read the responses of people. When he had said in one video that no-till doesn't work there get all the followers yep no till don't work here yep yep yep. Gotta till the dirt. If he now it says no till work there  how many of them same people will come back and be like we knew no till would always work.

LVF liked
ReplyQuote
Roon
 Roon
(@roon)
Estimable Member
26/03/2019 12:17 pm  

Purely a PR thing imo.   Gotta find a way to tap into the "soil health" buzz that's gaining.   Jus watch this is the beginning of the movement being twisted and going to shit. 

If he really wants to be adventurous I'd recommend he starts by actually starting a rotation.  Adding a new crop or 2 to the mix is harder than going no till.

This post was modified 8 months ago by Roon

LVF liked
ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
27/03/2019 4:58 am  

Roon I kind of worry about that. Some of these soil Health people are now putting an Asterix next to the five principles.

Time will tell. If somebody is going to put their face on camera you would think they would want it to work? If all they do is look at yield then we know they're not getting it. If it yields a little bit less does everybody just throw their hands in the air and say well see everybody we tried?

At the soil Health Summit all presenters followed the five principles of soil Health with their data. Then in a side conversation a government gal says that all the principals don't have to apply. That she knows of a very famous guy that is using buffers and is a great advocate for ag. I said that's great but that's not a great advocate for soil health. She said yes it is because he uses buffers I said no that's following the law you can't disregard five of the five principles of soil health and run around and claim to be an advocate of stewardship.

So with her talking like that it makes you wonder how many of these soil Health people will stick to the principles and their principles or just try and jump on to get famous? There's a couple names being murmured around we'll see who actually it is.

LVF liked
ReplyQuote
Share: