Power beyond

Notifications
Clear all

Power beyond

Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I need some help from a Deere mechanic, anybody know one on here? Lol. 

Long story short I went to look at a Willmar 765 sprayer. It needed a ton of tlc and I chickened out. Hydro was really jerky and lots of lag in the steering.

Screenshot 20190407 195429

But while I was there I came across a great plains AS1000 that I like. Problem is, it's a hydraulic pump and the 4430 only has 2 remotes. I don't really want a multiplier, so What all do I need to do to add power beyond to the 4430? I'm assuming the block, an electric ball valve so the sprayer pump isnt constantly running and a regulator for pump speed? The 4430 has a male fitting that goes into the back end near the top link. I'll grab a picture tomorrow. The previous owner ran a white planter and that was his return for the fan motor. Is this an approved return, or do I need to return through the power beyond block? I definitely want a male and female on the tractor side so it's never hooked up backwards. 

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

I will get a video tomorrow 

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Guys who run a hydraulic spray pump off a remote always shut down the pump in float. If i put a electric  solenoid valve on the pressure side will that create a problem? It would immediately stop high pressure flow, but leave return flow open. The pump will still want to spin, but with the inlet side closed it probably won't be able to? i doubt the pump will be able to work against the vacuum created by closing the inlet valve. Or am I thinking about this wrong? 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

i would believe that if you shut the pressure off with return open it should just spool down. 

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Can you expand on that Jon? I just imagine it like sticking your finger on the end of a straw and sucking. It will collapse the hose and once the hose is collapsed there is no more fluid so the pump comes to a quick stop. Is there a weep, vent, or check valve that lets it wind down without drawing fluid and vacuum locking? My pump is a Hypro, but i dont know a whole lot about it yet because its not been delivered. 

On a side note, the 4430 is a power shift. The main pump should be 22 GPM, how many GPM should i expect as a max flow for the power beyond?  I dont want to buy a valve that will ever limit max flow if i want it.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

on power beyond you will want to throttle it down before the pump.  them pumps only take what 5-7 gpm to get enough pressure to pump for your boom. without a flow control somehow that pump is going to be screaming, good chance of popping a bolt on the motor and good chance of testing your agitation/bypass system on the sprayer.  you run the pump as slow as you can and get the flow you need. 

with power beyond on the sprayer I don't worry about shutting pump off unless the tank gets empty. shut tractor off and unplug the hose.  otherwise on a sprayer you want the pump running for agitation.  

but if you shut the power off I don't see enough momentum with the impeller to make the motor wind down.  I don't picture the motor winding down like the vac on a planter.  

I have ran the pump on my scv when I first got it and accidently shut it off a couple times with the scv with no problem. don't recommend it but with the valve on the scv slowed down the motor isn't spinning that fast and the impeller weighs nothing. 

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Right, i was thinking a spigot type valve, but i wanted the solenoid to allow as much flow as possible in case I ever want it some day for something. i wanted the shut off because im going to be running a lot of small loads and i just don't want to have to shut the tractor off and unplug hoses that often. call me lazy. The block kit and the hose kit came in the mail yesterday. now just waiting on the sprayer to show up. I might plumb it up to an old motor just to see what happens first. Thanks for the help Jon. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

Let us know how the solenoid works.

ReplyQuote
Share:

%d bloggers like this: