Topic starter  

1,500 to 9,000 dollars

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

That's a wide range. Assuming you want another Deere

Row crop - 2510, 2520

utility  -2020, 2030 or a 2440 that needs some work would be in that price range. These are all american made. You can find some European model Deeres like a 1530 or 2040 in that range too. 

ReplyQuote
mcleanfarms
(@mcleanfarms)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I like John Deere but it really just the 2 cylinders i'am more of an allis Chalmers guy but the tractor I want it not really my grounds to ask my grandmother if I could use my grandpa's allis 185 

This post was modified 3 years ago by mcleanfarms

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

I would stay away from john deere 2000 series tractors European like the 2840. the 2521 and 2520 are waterloo tractors like a 3020 and 4020.   if you find a clean one with low hours jump on it.  higher hours like 7k or more I would stay away from.  they can get spendy real quick.

wonder if you could find a nice little allis like you mention. 

a nice 4010 could be had for around that 5-6 grand and still have parts support.  personally I would look for a 4010 or 25/3010. 

lots of fords and allis tractors in that range but wonder about parts.

farmalls are cheap and can get stuff done.  a 460 or 560 would be a decent tractor if you found a clean one.

ReplyQuote
mcleanfarms
(@mcleanfarms)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I found a decent farmall 300 and a Deere 2510 and a 4020 looking on my local craigslist 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

The 300 is a good simple little tractor. But with no 3-point and a very small hydraulic system you wouldn't be able to grow much around the tractor.

The 2510 would be a whole lot nicer and you would have tremendously more hydraulic power.

The 4020 would be a lot more tractor. The 4020 would allow you to do your own round baling maybe pull a little bit bigger mower conditioner. What handle of brush cutter and pretty much all your influence that much better.

ReplyQuote
Share:

%d bloggers like this: