Anyone buying equipment for 2019?

22 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Like the title says anybody have big plans!

Roon
 Roon
(@roon)
Estimable Member

Oh yea!   I'm looking for scale bagger and sewing lineup.  Rollermill. Bulk bins and hopper bottoms.  Want to get another grinder/mixer. 

In process of getting a JD750 drill, trying to find one thats wore out so I can put all the special goodies on it.

Gona build an interseeder. 

Tablesaw for building my beehives and chicken house.

Small stuff but for this little farmer its big stuff haha

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

#1 on my list is a combine. I'm outgrowing the K2. Looking for a 1998 + 4x4 R52 or R62

#2 is new driveways. I'm going to get crushed concrete and top all my existing drives and make a new large drive back to my newest shed. I also want a larger drive and bigger pad around the bins and dryer. This fall/ winter everything turned into a muddy mess. had to get the back hoe out and cut down a lot of frozen ruts because i couldn't get wagons in and out. 

#3 is a couple augers to get my dryer, cleaner, wet bin and dry bin working in sync. 

#4 is a putting a 20' lean-to on my 40 x 88 machine shed. I hate to have equipment sitting out. 

#5 is a larger sprayer. looking for a 1000-1200 gal 90' 5 section. I really like the spray king sprayers, and they're made on Ohio. 

#6 is new poly tanks for fertilizer and some old used ones for collecting rain from the gutters to fill the sprayer. 

My wish list has a 4640, 500 bushel grain cart, a 20K bin, and another grain truck. unless i find a deal, the wish list will  remain a wish list. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Redoing a 750 is no small project!

How's the new wife handling all the plans Tyler? Then we'll be some nice upgrades! As much as I love the 4640 if a guy looks around I bet you could probably find a 4650 for your budget? After upgrading to that sprayer I did this year oh man I can't believe how nice that was! I got so much stuff done. This is the one thing I get to get for 2019. I need to just stop and pay things off now for a couple years. But with the grain vac and getting the Harvester working being able to Market my own corn the difference in pricing will make the payment on the grain vac.

ReplyQuote
Roon
 Roon
(@roon)
Estimable Member

Posted by: maplegrovefarms

I need to just stop and pay things off now for a couple years.

Famous last words!! 🤣 

Tyler52 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

Shes not a real big fan. lol. but i can get away with it because its farm money. My day job and her job goes into our personal account and the farm money goes into the farm account. The only luxury to not being a full time farmer is that i have been able to upgrade and grow faster. i don't pay myself a salary from the farm, i invest everything the farm  makes back into the farm. I currently dont have any equipment payments. We did buy 50 acres last year and i have a few thousand left on the pole barn, so not everything can go to upgrades, but a lot of it can. 

I passed on a local 4650 last summer 9,000 hours they wanted 21K. It was a quad with the long axles. we have enough idiot drivers it makes me nervous to have that axle and hub stick way out there without a tire. I would take a medium length axle power shift in a heart beat. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

roon are you bagging and selling stuff?

tyler that's how I started and still am doing it. 

ReplyQuote
Roon
 Roon
(@roon)
Estimable Member

I'm gona try to!   I'll post some progress of the equipment build once I get going.  If my first batch sells good then I'll let the cat out of the bag, it's something everyone can do and in todays consumer environment it could be very good depending where youre at.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well good luck to you

I had thought about getting a bunch of small Hopper bottoms and start growing cover-crop seeds.

With all the horse people not too far from us I also daydreamed of feeling a shed with small square bales of grass, alfalfa and straw. Along with having ground corn and oats for sale.

When there were more dairies around us a guy could always sell a little high moisture corn or silage.

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

i sell "deer" corn like crazy all fall. I have sold right around 1000 bushels in 50 pound bags so far this year. I have a few people who feed year round and get a ton every month. There is a farm a few towns over that grows and selling bird seed. They have been doing it for 20 years. they're in all local farm stores and sell from their own store. they make a killing. 

ReplyQuote
Massey 1100
(@massey-1100)
Estimable Member

Tyler has the bird seed place update there bins lately?  If yes shoot me a text I'd like to talk about what you know about them. 

I'm trying to figure out where the money is coming from for a couple of hopper bottom bins. 

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

I don't know a whole lot about them. The bird seed is called Birds Luv Em. Its owned by Matrig Farms, which is a several thousand acre dairy farm in Beloit, Ohio. Here is the bird seed website.  http://www.birdsluvem.com/   google Martig Farms and go to google maps satellite view you can see the farm. 

Saw an ad on craigs list yesterday for 2 600 bushel hopper bins for $1000 located in Athens, Ohio. 

ReplyQuote
Massey 1100
(@massey-1100)
Estimable Member

Ok thank you Tyler I will check that out. 

ReplyQuote
Rmnfarms
(@rmnfarms)
Eminent Member

Looking to purchase a new 12 row planter if I can find homes for my 6 row and bean drill. Also looking to purchase a used strip till rig.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Noble Member Admin
Topic starter  

where are you out of Rmnfarms?

the classifieds are free to post here if you want to use it!  we are a small site now but its growing!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

%d bloggers like this: