Notifications
Clear all

UAN stabilizer  

RSS

Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
06/03/2020 9:38 am  

i'm going to side dress with the sprayer this year. Drop nozzles and drag hoses on 30" centers Decided it will be easier than using urea. Im going with 21 gallons of 30% uan. what should i be putting with it to keep the N where it needs to be? 

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
06/03/2020 12:33 pm  

Agrotain will reduce volitization losses if i remember. Same with x factor.

Instinct will protect from leaching. 

ATS has some stability help dont know how much. 

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
06/03/2020 2:45 pm  

I was thinking agrotain. I thought i remembered you used something different in one of your side dressing videos?

Straight urea is going down with the planter and it will be treated with instinct. My agronomist told me last year to make the rate of instinct is proportional to the N. for instance if im putting down 30% of my N 2x2 i should put down 30% of the total rate of instinct. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
07/03/2020 11:41 am  

Xfactor and instinct I used in 2018. And it held on to that nitrogen is very well! There were spots that were under water for a long time and as the water went away the corn actually greened up!

But you didn't see that quick flash of green. This year I didn't use anything cuz we were still wet that it was going into the soil. And this year you can see how fast the green up after application

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
09/03/2020 8:19 am  

ill have to look into the x factor. Im putting down 55 Units 2x2 with Urea and 21 Units broadcast peplant with AMS. It should have enough to get it going, so the slower release is probably what i want. 

I picked up a good used tank over the weekend. Its a 1065 nurse tank with the hoops. I was really looking hard at buying a new round tank. I know a lot of guys transport with them, but the more i thought about it i decided i wanted the safety of the nurse tank. I plan on putting it in the grain truck this year and if i have the time ill build a dedicated trailer for it this winter. 

tank

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
09/03/2020 8:29 pm  

Nice! 

2x2 banded will help the N have some stability!

ReplyQuote
Share: