Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Got a much needed rain!  

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you God for this moisture. Living rain to rain all summer. 

Dont know where the corn is and how much yield we might have lost this summer.  This rain has to help fill ears?! 

Second cutting grass was 25% yield of first cutting.  That sucked, this rain is going to give us a nice 3rd cutting! Going to fertilize the fiels this week now that we have moisture to try for a big 3rd crop.

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

got another small rain today!  should have a nice 3rd cutting and hopefully make some money!! 

we got hail at home and an inch of rain in matter of minutes, at the farm we got a tenth and no hail. 

ReplyQuote
Rudy
 Rudy
(@rudy)
Trusted Member

With it being dry early in the season, I wasn't to optimistic about the crop yields. 

But the beans will do pretty good with the last few rains.  Height ranges from knee to thigh high.

The corn will be decent, nothing to great. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

had a seed guy walking corn fields and he was pretty impressed  at how the corn looked.  i figured between heat and dry that pollination would be some what hurt. not a kernel missing, cobs full to the tip and stand looks great and tall corn.  

if i had hundreds of cattle to feed i would be chopping this corn vs making grain.

ReplyQuote
Share: