Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Crop conditions. How are yours?

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Corn in our area looks fair. Some is great some is sad. 

Beans look great and hay is doing great.

Ted Kahler
(@ted-kahler)
Estimable Member

Here in south central South Dakota..... anywhere from GREAT.... to Terrible... 

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

All corn looks pretty average. most beans look okay, mine are terrible. A lot of guys are still trying to get beans in the ground. Neighbor planted the last of his corn on June 28th, and that was not a replant. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I guess I never thought other folks could plant this late.  

drove to Crookston and then out to Fergus falls,  not a lot of prevent plant, less then I thought there would be.  kind of came and went in spots.  lots of good looking crops and some not so good looking. 

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

I pass a farm on my way to work that just replanted their corn, its spiking out of the ground as of yesterday. Here its standard practice to double crop beans after wheat. 90% of people who have wheat do it. So nobody was really panicking about beans here yet. 

There is only one field i have seen that must have taken prevent plant. he is a BTO and its right at his home farm. He made 2 rounds with the chisel plow and the rest is sitting untouched. no idea why its untouched, every other field around him is planted and looks good, kinda strange. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

things here are starting to green up.    corn is starting to shape up. beans where the neighbors water runs into my fields are pretty yellow.   

hay is going to be a great 3rd crop at this point. second crop is coming in just as heavy as first crop!!

rye is turning fast and as soon as I am done with hay and spraying will be moving onto that.

ReplyQuote
Share:

%d bloggers like this: