Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cost Per Acre Custom Application

Oklahoma.Applicator
(@ok-applicator)
Topic starter  

Just curious what other parts of the map charge for custom application. In NW Oklahoma my company charges

$4.50/A for general application on farm ground.

$5.00/A on improved grass,

$7.00/A on rough native pasture. 

$6.00/A side dress with drop hoses.

$7.00/A for blowing on seed and fertilizer mix with air flow truck.

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

$9 was what i paid last time i had the coop use there high clearance spinner spreader for fertilizer

$8 is about average sprayer cost for chemical. dont know any local sprayers that are doing drop hoses custom yet.

ReplyQuote
Oklahoma.Applicator
(@ok-applicator)
Topic starter  

We might give our customers heart attacks if we raised our price to 8 bucks, they already complain at having it at $4.50. Haha. I'm sure in time our acre fee will raise, as everything else raises in cost.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

I think our rates are high on custom work because there isnt much competition and there isnt much acres.  university of Iowa has a pretty ok chart of custom rates. if you only had several thousand acres to custom spray $4 isnt getting you much of a sprayer.

for $4 i would use a custom guy a lot more.  at $9 I can run a nice sprayer myself!

ReplyQuote
Oklahoma.Applicator
(@ok-applicator)
Topic starter  

Maple grove. We cover about 110 to 125 thousand acres a year. 1 location has 2 dry spreader floaters, 1 liquid floater and 2 row crop machines, the other location has 1 liquid floater truck and 1 dry spreader floater.

ReplyQuote
Ted Kahler
(@ted-kahler)
Estimable Member

wanna come spray all my acres for 4.5 an acre HEHE... 6-8 here

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

that is several of our coops put together!

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

$4.50 sounds really good, but its worth it to me to own my own rig. I dont like the idea of being at someone else's mercy all the time. An untimely chemical or fertilizer application can be very costly. I do all of my own spraying, and I use the co-ops buggy to broadcast dry. I do have a custom applicator do my lime. Knock on wood he has never let me down. But spreading lime typically inst in the peak of busy season for him. I just feel better not having all my eggs in one basket. That being said, id be inclined to use him more if he only charged $4.50 an acre, but I wouldn't sell my sprayer. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

with your own sprayer you are also able to price your own chemicals.  

Tyler52 liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

%d bloggers like this: