Notifications
Clear all

April corn?  

RSS

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
23/04/2020 7:38 am  

You know what they say what a difference a year can make. Last year to get started corn planting at May 15th was very sketchy. Finished up most planting that first week of June.

This year for the last week the soil has been warm enough just waiting for it to dry a little bit. But when it's the middle of April normally we are thinking of starting to pull stuff out of the shed so at the end of the month or early may we can get going.

I was going to strip till a lot of them Acres but since it's such nice weather and conditions why?

SoINFarm
(@soinfarm)
Eminent Member
23/04/2020 5:21 pm  

I'm probably being looked at as nuts but almost everyone around me here in southern Indiana has already planted. Several guys completely done with some of their corn 1" tall already. 

I picked up a farm that's been 2 year old sod. I'm going to try to cut first crop grass hay off of it and then put on anhydrous, plant, and spray within a couple day window. May be a disaster but we will see.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
24/04/2020 8:45 am  

I am doing corn into old sod as well. Thinking corn responds to fertilizer so I will be not sparing anything on that ground.

ReplyQuote
Share: