Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone having spring progress?

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Started spraying today. Putting down pre emergent on soy ground. Using 8450 to pull sprayer, 90 percent of the ground is going well. It's the typical spots or crossing ditches that the 4640 would be stuck 10 times.

20190513 180520

Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member

I have Zero done. Were still getting rain every other day. What brand of sprayer is that Jon?

ReplyQuote
TwinStatesAg
(@twinstatesag)

Some guys got some corn in the ground last week.  Hope to get some planted end of this week. 

ReplyQuote
Rudy
 Rudy
(@rudy)
Trusted Member

Finished up with the last of 400 +/- acres of corn for the year today. 

And depending on this weekends weather, possible to start with beans. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

L&D sprayer

With the wetness of the fields I was able to get all my soybean pre-emergent down. Maybe try planting some corn and beans today?

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Got about a hundred and eighty-five Acres of soybeans done last night! There was some sand traps in a field that I I was very thankful I had the articulate tractor to be able to snake my way out. We'll see what happens with this rain

ReplyQuote
Rmnfarms
(@rmnfarms)
Eminent Member

Got about half of it in the ground. Just got 2 inches with another half inch tonight it will be a week before anything moves down this way. Corn planted on April 24 just coming there now, neighbor put in soybeans at same time already filling paperwork for replant. If it keeps it up I’ll be looking to put covers on in July when it gets hot and dry.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Got 2.5 inches already with some snow flakes.

Forecast says we will be lucky to turn a wheel by june?

ReplyQuote
Roon
 Roon
(@roon)
Estimable Member

Jus bought my corn seed last thursday haha   40 acres of corn and 50 acres buckwheat and we are done.  Spose to freeze tonight, everyones corn that was planted 4-27 is still not up.  June 1st it's all good.

ReplyQuote
Rmnfarms
(@rmnfarms)
Eminent Member

Had to laughter the other day talking with a nieghbor who spent big money to precision his planter putting new furrow force on his planter, asked him how it worked and he said horrible my monitor keeps alarming saying the soil is to wet and cold. Could’ve found that out by getting out of that cab...

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: Roon

Jus bought my corn seed last thursday haha   40 acres of corn and 50 acres buckwheat and we are done.  Spose to freeze tonight, everyones corn that was planted 4-27 is still not up.  June 1st it's all good.

Because of the prevent plant insurance you mean? Very sad isn't it that farmers get paid to not Farm.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: Rmnfarms

Had to laughter the other day talking with a nieghbor who spent big money to precision his planter putting new furrow force on his planter, asked him how it worked and he said horrible my monitor keeps alarming saying the soil is to wet and cold. Could’ve found that out by getting out of that cab...

Lol. 

We had 32 degrees yesterday and snow almost 3 and 1/2 in in the gauge. With a rainy forecast. This is the first spring I've worried that my new seeded grass might be killed?

ReplyQuote
Roon
 Roon
(@roon)
Estimable Member

Posted by: maplegrovefarms
Posted by: Roon

Because of the prevent plant insurance you mean? Very sad isn't it that farmers get paid to not Farm.

Only insurance I'm buying this year is some private hail.  All the rest to hell with it, my balls are feeling big this year haha.   I was just saying if I plant my corn and BW on June 1st or that week it'll still work out just fine.  I got a 'flower trial to plant too but no hurry there either.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

That's my goal in a couple years with soil Health farming is to be able to say no to the crop insurance

ReplyQuote
Share:

%d bloggers like this: