Forum

[Sticky] $50 acre challenge  

RSS

maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
24/01/2019 11:38 am  

There are no rules just be honest. Post to changes that you're going to make that are out of the normal to you that could potentially net you $50 of increased yield or net you $50 per acre of decreased inputs and you still get the same yield. This spring post what you would like to do this fall poster results to whether it worked or not because I think there could be actually a lot of good data coming out of this to share with each other!

Ted Kahler
(@ted-kahler)
Estimable Member
24/01/2019 8:53 pm  

we can be honest here??? LOLOL... i think im going to try using manure on some ground... not sure if its a 50 buck challenge but we will see how the SHIT works i guess when its over

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
25/01/2019 5:21 am  

lol!

I am going to see if I can get a cereal grass cutting before or after beans.  local hay markets are very high so if a guy could get a bale an acre it will be better then $50 dollars.

ReplyQuote
Roon
 Roon
(@roon)
Estimable Member
25/01/2019 1:53 pm  

I havn't farmed in any sort of organized/consistent way for last 5 yrs so not sure how I would be able to compare trying to find $50.

Will be fun to watch!

ReplyQuote
James o Brien
(@james-o-brien)
Estimable Member
25/01/2019 3:26 pm  

Over the next coming years were going to grow more clover and improve our grass management every tonne of extra grass that we utilize per acre is worth about 70 euro so we can get about 2 tonnes extra grass we can be 140 ahead without spending any money just good management. Hopefully the legumes and strategic planning of liquid manure and increasing out pH will make us cut back on N input so big goals and alot of work ahead but very exciting times

This post was modified 10 months ago by James o Brien

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin
25/01/2019 4:10 pm  
Posted by: Roon

I havn't farmed in any sort of organized/consistent way for last 5 yrs so not sure how I would be able to compare trying to find $50.

Will be fun to watch!

lol.  yeah that's a tough one.  

ReplyQuote
Share: