Notifications
Clear all

new arrival

Page 1 / 2

Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The first of a few new additions got here last night. More to come.

a

Roon
 Roon
(@roon)
Estimable Member

Upgrading your silver seeder?!

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

Oh boy!! How wide is that thing?! Looks like a heck of an upgrade! Do as many upgrades as you can while the marriage is still in the honeymoon phase! Lol

When do we get to see the rest?

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

500 series 25' flex head. Pretty much doubled in combine and head size lol. Some more showed up Sunday morning. had to let the air out of the sprayer tires to haul it. Driver said it was about 17' with the air in. Still waiting on the corn head.

ReplyQuote
Roon
 Roon
(@roon)
Estimable Member

Very nice upgrades!   Is the combine an air cooled duetz?   I looked at a gleaner once but jus don't know anything about their air cooled motors (surprised me thats what they use) and I can't think of anyone that has a gleaner within as far as Ive ever seen here.

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

Nice!! that combine will last a long time!! oh man just think sitting at work with the sun shinning in the cool fall and beans are ready to go and its 9 am.   every time you look down at your computer you hear the purr of the combine, you feel the hydro handle in your hand.  them are the days that you show up coughing and acting like your sick. lol

that looks like the same x boom I have. nice simple boom I like it.  

the real nice thing is coming home from work, getting what you need done and go home to the wife and get busy with all your new energy and time!!

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks! Yep, its an early 1992 R52 with an air cooled deutz. I did a lot of research before i pulled the trigger. From what i understand they have plenty of power and are really easy on fuel. As long as you keep them clean and fix any drips as they develop they are good motors. I was looking for a 1998 or newer that has the late model updates and a cummins, but i was able to get a really good package deal i couldn't pass up. It does have a big wrinkle in the rear corner tin where the spinner sucked something up at one time. Probably backed into a tree line and sucked in a big limb. My biggest complaint is that there is an impeller instead of a chopper. From what im told the rotor will chew up dry beans but any green stems will be kicked out long and stringy without the chopper. All in all im very happy with it. It was well taken care of by the previous owner. The sprayer is a 1000 gallon Great Plains AS1000. 60 foot booms with 15" nozzles. I really wanted the Wilmar because i dont have any cab tractors, but it made me too nervous. The sprayer is in good shape and i like that is on 15" centers. It will make it a lot easier to put N on 30" rows. Now i just need to decide whether to use a drop nozzle or a streamer tip. 

Lol rub it in Jon. hopefully ill get to be a full time farmer someday too! The bigger equipment is nice. More than i "need" for 280 acres, but I dont have a full day to farm. Thats also why ive invested pretty heavily in lots of LED lights. I think i only ran maybe 50 acres in the daylight this last fall. 

ReplyQuote
SoINFarm
(@soinfarm)
Eminent Member

Looks like a heck of an upgrade Tyler. Hope it all goes well!

Tyler52 liked
ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Finally have all the parts. Corn head was delivered yesterday.

corn

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

well half of it any how! lol

still has paint on the snoots!  your going to be in heaven this fall. all summer to drive it while in the shed and go through it.  

ReplyQuote
Massey 1100
(@massey-1100)
Estimable Member

Sure is a big upgrade nice job sir 👍

Tyler52 liked
ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

gonna need all summer to learn about it lol. its a totally different machine. 

ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

come home race into the house kiss the wife hello and race out to the combine to sit in the cab and push buttons!!

ReplyQuote
Tyler52
(@tyler52)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I get home before the wife does, so I get to go straight to the combine! lol Dont tell her I said that!

harvest over

Roon liked
ReplyQuote
maplegrovefarms
(@maplegrovefarms)
Member Admin

lol.

she can race home and sit next to you while you pretend combine for a few minutes.  slap your knee and tell you not to be late suppers getting cold.

Tyler52 liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

%d bloggers like this: